Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Bodice Challenge: Day 9

Another hectic day, but a happy one :)

Breakfast: Had a great breakfast with Mikey's family, got to meet his wonderful sis-in-law Alicia and gorgeous 6-month old niece, Ava :) Had blueberry pancakes with just a tiny bit of butter and a medium drizzle of real maple syrup.

Lunch: The rest of the pancakes (they were HUGE) and a few fresh strawberries.

Afternoon Snack: One slice of fresh cheddar oregano bread from the market and a little of the Labneh I got at the market the other day.

Dinner: Half of hamburger (no cheese, just a scrape of aioli), some roasted asparagus and a small portion of  homemade pasta salad, made with EVOO, not mayo.

Evening snack: Strawberries with a dollop of whipped heavy cream

Excercise: Ten laps around the outside of my pool, five jogging, five fast walking . Got winded way sooner than when I swim laps around the pool, which was a small blow to my pride, but I got through it :)

Creativity: My mother found a box of old books belonging to my brothers and I from when we were younger. Among them I found one of my favorite YA novels, * Maniac Magee* by Jerry Spinelli. My 5th grade teacher read this book out loud to us and I was hooked from the first sentence.  Yesterday, after finding the book I opened it and read it cover within a few hours. It was every bit as good as I remembered :)

I forgot to record my blood pressure this morning, I apologize....

More tomorrow:)
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how nostalgic those YA books can be when you get older. Ella Enchanted (FIE ALL OVER THE ATROCIOUS MOVIE) is probably my all-time favorite, but "Nose Pickers From Outer Space" was a lot of fun. =P

    The bread from the market sounds SO yummy! I've been wanting to make a loaf of bread from scratch but I'm having trouble finding time and counter space to do so. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete