Friday, September 16, 2011

Simple Pleasures: September 16th

- a gorgeous Autumn day, I got to wear one my favorite sweaters, and peach cashmere cardigan :)

- found a Tom Waits cover of the song *Goodnight Irene* on YouTube, it just about broke my heart, it was so gorgeously, gut-wrenchingly sad. So, the simple pleasure in that is finding a song that would move me so deeply.

- Tonight at rehearsal I got to stretch my performer muscles, and under the guidance of our wonderful directors and equally wonderful fight choreographer, I was able to to move members of our production staff to tears when we worked on Desdemona's death scene. Every once in awhile I am granted a moment of perfect character bonding, Desdemona and I were the same person tonight and that felt so fucking good I can't even put it into words. There may be a slight possibility that I'm something akin to talented ;) I am so fucking excited about this show!!!

- seeing my breath tonight when we got out of rehearsal  :)

Love,
Lynn





No comments:

Post a Comment