Monday, September 26, 2011

Simple Pleasure: September 26th

- I forgot my glasses today, and Mikey drove all the way back home to get them for me (we're still sharing my car as the paperwork gets finished on his new one) and he brought me an iced chai :) I love this man :)

- A GORGEOUS day, I bought a sandwich and took it down to a grassy patch by the river and laid down under a tree, I closed my eyes and listened to the wind in the leaves and the river and the faraway sound of traffic and blissed out.....FANTABULOUS :)

- something happend to me today that has basically never happened to me at any of my *day jobs*. Last week I took over a task that used to belong to someone else. The person that was training me to do this task got pulled into another project and didn't get to finish training me. I tried to wing it on my own and was doing fairly well, but I was running into more and more things I didn't understand. I mentioned this to my supervisors, saying that I was feeling a little overwhelmed and confused and I was going to need more training in order to do the task efficiently. And, THEY LISTENED. They were sympathetic and supportive and made arrangements for my training on this task to conitnue. It's been literally years since that has happend at one of my day jobs. My request wasn't ignored, I wasn't made to feel bad or stupid or like I was being a pain. They listened to what I had to say and they made arrangments to help me. I was floored by that.....in the good way :)

- Had my engagement ring re-sized to fit my finger more snugly, so now I don't have to panic that it will accidentally fall off while I'm washing my hands or something :)

- dinner on the screened-in porch at Steph and Mike's house on what will probably be one of the last warm nights of the season :)

Love,
Lynn





No comments:

Post a Comment