Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Six Goals for 2013

Happy New Year, Friends!!!



 For the third year now in a row, I am going to post a List of Goals for coming year. I've actually done surprisingly well at this. Just the simple act of posting my goals publicly has enabled me to stick with them much more diligently. This year, my focus is on things that I can be doing every day. Six (I was told that even #'s are better) small things that will hopefully add to my happiness and well-being in a big way. So, without further ado, here they are. For the year of 2013, every day, I will:

1. Blog: I love blogging, I really, truly do, but it always seems to be the first thing to fall off my list when I get busy. The only way I'm ever going to do it is if I make it part of every day. I don't have to write in both blogs every day, and the posts don't have to be long or involved, put I need to post something in at least one of my blogs every day, even if it's just a few sentences or a link to something that I found interesting. The point here is repetition, to make blogging an intrinsic part of my day. ( Exceptions: Unforeseen Travel where Internet is not available and family/medical emergencies)

2. Meditate: I was so much happier when I had an active meditation practice. I slept better, had a calmer mind, lower blood pressure, etc. I have fallen out meditation in a big way and I miss it. It's time to go back to it. I'm going to start small so I don't get overwhelmed and commit to two minutes per day to start, and then build on it from there.

3. Move: Every day, I will move just for movement's sake. Walking back and forth from my car, in and out of buildings, etc doesn't count. Even if it's just a 10 minute walk or a few extra trips up and down the stairs, the point is to do something every day. This will take different forms. Because of rehearsals and performances, my free time waxes and wanes. I plant to start yoga again (another practice during which I was much happier and healthier), I'll walk outside when the weather is nice, occasionally I'll do an exercise video, whatever. Anything is better than nothing. I'll try and notate this on the blog somehow, exact details to come.

4. Stopping hitting *Snooze* and Eventually Train Myself to Wake Without an Alarm Clock: In time past, I never hit the snooze button, it's a bad habit that I've gotten into since I went back to a full-time day job. I hate that I do it and I want to stop. I eventually want to lose the alarm clock all together, but for now I'll focus and not hitting the Snooze Button and getting up as soon as my alarm goes off, and once I've gotten good at that, I'll wean myself off the alarm clock itself.

5. Make a Good Food Choice Every Day: I am a BIG supporter of the theory put forth by Alton Brown that, 'there are no bad foods, only bad food habits". All cookies and no salad is not good, but all salad and no cookies is not good either. Every day, I want to make a good food choice, to bring some balance back to my eating habits. Whether this is making sure I get a piece of fruit every day, or a spoonful of ice cream, or putting more veggies on my plate, whatever, it needs to be a conscious choice to be mindful of what I'm eating. I'm going to keep track of this somehow, but I don't know if I'll post it here, we'll see.

6. Do Something Every Day That Will Move Me Closer to my Ultimate Career Goals: Let's not mince words here. When you get right down to it, there are two things I want to do with my life, career-wise: Act and Cook. Teaching other people to Act and Cook fall under that umbrella too. My ultimate goal is to no longer need a *day job*, and to support myself totally doing one or both of these things. Every day I have to do something that will lead me towards this, whether that means learning a new monologue for auditions, refining a recipe, getting more info on an Acting Workshop I want to take, a Food Blog Post, whatever, just one thing, every day. I'm done wishing, I'm done wasting time, it's time to start doing.

What are your Goals for 2013? I would love to hear what journey's you'll be starting this year :)

Happy New Year, My Dearies :)
Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment