Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9th: Smoothie Noms

Hey Ho,


 Just another quickie post this day, as I'm pulling quadruple duty with day job, workshop, auditions and rehearsal. Who doesn't love a good smoothie? I've had a strawberry smoothie for breakfast the last two morning and they were delish :) Also, I know several people on juice cleanses and other such detoxes right now, so I figured I'd do my part and toss out a few smoothie recipes :) All of these come from one of my very favorite Food Bloggers, Joy the Baker :)


Super Citrus Smoothie

Kale Spinach and Pear Smoothie

Peanut Butter Banana and Oat Milkshake

Strawberry Cucumber Smoothie

Spinach Kiwi and Chia Seed Smoothie


When you're not in a smoothie mood, check out the rest of Joy's site, she's awesome and her food is AMAZING (and so is her cookbook!)



Ciao!
Lynn






4 comments:

  1. enjoying a smoothie right now. very basic.. 6 strawberries a banana some ice and some water... oh and I put a little vodka in cause I had extra calories to spare. apparently vodka has calories who knew!? haha.

    I don't use whatever account I signed in with but it's the only way I can post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I just got a stick blender with a cup attachment for Christmas ... I am SO trying out these recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuppers, I'm seriously craving the citrus one :) My friend Merlyn just bought a juicer and has been having a ball with it, I'm toying with picking one up too, now that we're in the post-holiday doldrums of winter, I've really been craving fruit and fresh food...

      Delete