Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 26th: 10 Hippie Things

Not that this should come as a shock to any of you, but I'm something of a hippie weirdo, and I say this with pride :) This isn't a contest and I'm not about to get on a soapbox or anything, but I do try to reduce the scary chemicals in my life. Since I missed yesterday's List Post and I wanted to make sure I got a post in today, here's a quick list of some of the changes that I have made to reduce the chemicals in my life:

- I wash my face with honey in the morning (no, it's not sticky, it works like a charm and it is dirt cheap)

- I remove makeup/nightime cleanse with almond oil (if I'm out of that, I've also used olive oil or avocado oil, if you're not familiar with the Oil Cleansing Method, google it, there's tons of info about it and my skin loves it)

-I use white vinegar as a fabric softener ( It does not make your clothes smell like vinegar, works great is another dirt cheap switch)

-I use baking soda as an exfoliant (again, works great, no scary chemicals, dirt cheap)

-I drink ginger tea instead of taking Tums or similar antacids (I have acid reflux and I am on perscription level medicine for it that keeps it pretty well controlled, but for minor bouts ginger tea has been great)

- I use hydrogen peroxide instead of mouthwash (yes, this is safe and yes it is a common use for hydogen peroxide, the instructions are right on the bottle. I do alternate with a regular flouride rinse, though).

- I clean my kitchen counters with either white vinegar or hydrogen peroxide or a mix of vinegar and baking soda (again, works like a charm, dirt cheap)

- I use natural deodorant (I don't sweat very heavily, so if you're prone to sweating, the natural deodorants might not be enough for you, but I've been using the Crystal line of natural deodorants for years and they work great for me)

-I take bee pollen as a nutrition supplement (I do take vitmins too, but bee pollen is great stuff)

-I drink shots of apple cider vinegar (for a zillion reasons, everything from digestive health to anti-inflammatory)

Ta :)
Lynniebee


1 comment: