Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8th: One Week Check In

Just a quick check-in for today,I'm pulling triple duty these next few days, regular day job, teaching a workshop at CCC, plus rehearsals and auditions.

 So, how did my first week of pursuing my 2013 Goals go? Not bad at all, actually :) I'd give myself about an A-/B+. I'll just do a quick run down and then be on my way:


Blog: I'm stunned at how well I did this week and how easy it was. I honestly thought this would be the hardest one, but it's been the easiest. I've loved blogging every day, even the days when I just do a short little post, it's been great :)

Move: I had a migraine last week, and that knocked me on my bum for a few days, but I managed to at least stretch every day, a few nights ago I tested myself to see how many sit-ups I could do (20, in case anyone's interested), and I got a lot of exercise over the weekend cleaning the whole apartment and putting away all the Christmas stuff. This morning I had a big print job I had to do, so I made myself to stretches and squats and suchlike while I stood by the printer, and I was on my feet for most of my worskhop, so not perfect, but I am trying :)

Meditate: Pretty Good, I'm still only at about 2 minutes a day, but I've only missed it one night, so not too shabby :)

Stop Hitting Snooze/Wean myself off of my Alarm Clock: Oddly enough, this has been the hardest one. I thought it would be the easiest and I was wrong. The mornings when I don't use my alarm clock have been fine, I have no trouble at all getting up at a decent hour, but my body is trying really hard to rebel against the *No Snooze Button* Policy.  It's only succeeded once, but this has been a much bigger battle than I thought it was going to be. Last night there was a lot of really loud street traffic outside our apartment for several hours, so I'm only going on about 3 hours of sleep, and I did let the alrm go off a few times this morning, but I still only got up about 10 minutes after I meant to, so it wasn't too bad.

Good Food Choice: Pretty Well. There's a lot of Christmas Candy still hanging around, and I need to go to the grocery store, but all things considered I'm doing well, nothing too extreme in either direction.

One Small Task Towards Career Goals: I currently have e-mails out to three different colleges requesting more info about their Educational Theatre Post-Graduate Programs, one of whom I sent a copy of my transcripts for Review :)

So, all in all, I'm doing well. How are you all? Still with me?

:)
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment