Monday, January 31, 2011

Progress on 2011 Goals for January :)

Hello!!!

  Technically this post should have gone up yesterday, but I wanted to wait until the last day of January to post it, and also because I have a rare and blessed day off and I can enjoy my computer time rather than having to rush through it :) Here is my progress on my goals for 2011 for the month of January. I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised and actually kinda sorta proud of myself :)

Goal #1: Building up my Savings Account: This is progressing well. At a friend's recommendation, I have been putting approximately 10% of every paycheck into my saving's account, and when I receive any extra money, I am putting half of that away also. For full disclosure's sake, I took $50 out yesterday towards a nice dinner out with my boyfriend for our 6-month anniversary. But, I didn't use all of it, so the remaining money, along with the 10% from my next paycheck will go back into my saving's account at the end of this week. I will post an actual amount the next time I hit an even number :) So, in a nutshell, I have been making regular contributions to my savings account, which was the whole point, so I am pleased with my progress in this category over the past month.

Goal #2: Posting in each of my blogs at least once a week: YES!!! This goal I have kept very well. So far it has been once a week in both blogs, as I promised. As I said above, technically I should have posted this yesterday to meet my goal for last week, but I delayed it on purpose so I could write this on the last day of January. So, other than that, I'm spot-on, and will continue to be so. I'm working on posting even more frequently, but as long as I can continue with the once-a-week minimum, I am satisfied :)

Goal #3: Lose 30lbs: I have definitely lost weight, though an exact amount has been difficult to gauge. At the beginning of January, I weighed 162.4lbs. About ten days ago, I was down to 158.6lbs, which is a loss of almost 4lbs, but then things went a little haywire when I went on the antibiotics for my sinus infection. These interacted with my birth control pills and threw my whole cycle off. So, although my eating habits continue to improve, I've put a little weight back on, but I'm pretty sure it's hormonal *flux* weight. This morning I weighed 160.0 lbs, so, depending on how you look at it, I've lost between two and four pounds this month. Since my goal for this month was 2.5lbs, I've technically met it. I am satisfied, but not overjoyed. Hopefully next month will be a little more productive. I have certainly lost weight, and I am moving in a good direction :)

Goal #4: Using my time more effectively: This I have also showed some improvement on. I have been getting up about 45 minutes or one-hour earlier than I used to during the week, which has made my mornings much more relaxed, with a lot less running around :)

All in all, this month has been very productive, and I am pleased Hopefully I'll have even more good news at the end of February :)

Love,
Lynn

2 comments: