Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 Goals # 2 and #3

Hiya!

These next two goals are reasonably brief and self-explanatory, so I'll put them both in the same post:

2011 Goal #2: Write in each of my blogs at least once a week. As I've said before, I really do love blogging, and I miss it when I don't have the time to do it. What I need to do is discipline myself to MAKE time for it. My Food Blog is somewhat more labor intensive because of taking and uploading photos and suchlike, but I really will try to post in both of my blogs a minimum of once a week :)

2011 Goal #3: Lose 30lbs or two pants sizes and at least 6% body fat. This is probably the oldest goal in the history of goal-setting, but here it is. I have struggled with my weight off and on since college, gained and lost the same 20lbs for years. Stress weight, emotional eating, too busy to eat right and exercise, blah blah blah, I've said it before, you've heard it before, you've probably said it before yourself. But no more, I'm done. I don't eat all that badly, I just have a hard time sticking to an exercise routine and I have very little willpower or portion control when it comes to food. I know that if I am willing to make a real, consistent effort, I will have the body I want. Finally, at long last, I am ready to make that effort. I have the ability to achieve my goals. 30lbs in 12 months is 2.5lbs per month, which is a totally manageable amount. I mean, I'd like to move faster than that, but even if I expend just the barest consistent effort, I'm sure I can lose 2.5 lbs per month. I am going to start taking Zumba classes, and I have a free membership to the YMCA Fitness Center that I'm going to start using, and that's where I'll start. Not sure about an eating plan, I'll get to that in more detail after New Years, but for now, I think having all the holidays cookies, candy and other goodies out of the house and not tempting me will be a good place to start :)


Love to All :)
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. I totally know how you feel on that second one. I've been in the same up-and-down undermotivated cycle for like three years now. Here are two things that have me seriously motivated right now:

    1) Think of all the surface area of your body and it's volume and mass. Now what percent of that is your tongue? Probably like 1%, right? It's such a tiny part yet I let it dictate what happens to the rest of my body! It seems so silly now that I've put its role in perspective.

    2) Back in 2007 Pookie and I lived in a tiny purple apartment. I remember standing in the bathroom, looking at the scale and telling Pookie, "Alright, I need motivation! How about for every 5lbs I lose I got a pair of shoes?" And being the amazing person he is, he agreed. I lost 4 or 5 lbs then totally lost hope. It's going on 2011 now and I'm still where I was then. I've let cupcakes and "just one more spoonful" steal almost 4 years of confidence from me. 4 years! Why?! I don't want to look back at 2011 and think, "Wow, That's still me. I've changed and grown in every other conceivable way, but I'm still insecure and I'm not taking the best care of myself."

    Totally not going to let that happen.

    Good luck to you! We should be accountability buddies. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could we please? I would love that :) Let's discuss :)

    ReplyDelete