I stole this idea from my lovely friend Nubby Tongue, who is currently living her dreams in California. Visit her here at http://nubbytongue.blogspot.com :) She is a breath of fresh air and an inspiration :) A short while ago I saw one of these lists on her blog, and I thought to myself, why not? These lists are fun, and will go much more quickly than a long, "about me" type post for anyone who happens to stumble upon my blog and doesn't already know me. For the sake of brevity (because Lord knows I could go on and on and ON), I'll try to keep this list to "things" or "activities", and will leave out people and ideals/intangibles such as "being in love" or "peace on earth",though I certainly love both of those, but that 's another type of list. Also, to keep me from over thinking it too much, I'm only going to give myself ten minutes. So, then, in the order that they occur to me, here are 10 Things that Lynn Loves:
1. Massages: Never underestimate the healing power of touch :)
2. Chocolate: Do I even need to explain this one? I savor good chocolate like some people savor Wine :)
3. Acting: My first love, my passion, and my solace :)
4. Water: Ocean, Lake, River, Stream, sight, sound, smell, immersion, I am a total water-baby, always have been, always will be :)
5. Hot Baths: I know this is sort of linked to #4, but I did say the first ten things that occurred to me, so here it is. When it comes to unwinding, nothing beats a hot bath, double points for hot tub or Jacuzzi tub :)
6. Sitting by the Fire: Bonfire, fireplace, wood-burning stove, doesn't matter, LOVE!
7. Cooking: It combines creativity and tangible expressions of love :)
8. Ethnic Food: made by people of that nationality, i.e. a Greek restaurant run by Greeks, etc.
9. Comfy Clothes: Don't get me wrong, I love to dress up, but comfy clothes are just awesome :)
10. Music that touches you: Makes you want to dance, sing out loud, cry, laugh, move you to action, whatever, anything that wakes you up on the inside:)
So, there's that :) That was fun, I'll have to do another one of those ten minute lists sometime :) Anyone else care to weigh in? Ten Things you love? Let me know!