Thursday, February 9, 2012

January Review

  So, my laptop is broken. Mike's laptop is also broken. Mike's laptop is more broken than mine, because his laptop is literally broken in half.

  To whit, although we have internet in theory, we can't use it, because we have no computers. My only internet access it at work, and on the occasions that I can get to a library or my Mom's house. I'm currently in tech rehearsals for a show that opens tomorrow, which means I have had no time to get to the library or my Mom's. So, in short, I apologize for the lack of posting, it wasn't due to laziness or lack of interest. I literally have no home computer, so I'm at the mercy of whatever moments I can steal in other scenarios. I'll do my best to post as regularly as I can, but I absolutely cannot afford a new laptop right now, so, for the foreseeable future, it might be touch and go.

  And now, with the bad news out of the way, here's some good news about the goals I set for myself this year:

Savings/Money/Wedding:

-Put a down payment on my wedding gown using only savings and existing credit :)

-In month of January, I did not buy one single book, or one single piece of new clothing :)

Eating Out

-In terms of eating out, this is how it went, broken down by week:
 
 -Week of 1/2: 1
 -Week of 1/9: 3
 -Week of 1/16: 3
 -Week of 1/23:1
 -Week of 1/30: 0

 The original goal was twice per week, the middle two weeks were more than I would have liked, but, they balance out with the first and fourth week, so it came out to a similar amount in the end, and we didn't eat out at all last week, so I'm still pleased with the progress :)

Self Love

 I'm not sure if this relates directly, but good mental health  is definitely part of self-love. Living above where I work has lowered my stress level quite a bit. I don't have to stress over commuting, packing a lunch, or all the housework that will be waiting for me when I get home. I can run upstairs on my lunch break to unload the dishwasher or throw a load of clothes in the laundry or whatever. I don't have to get up as early, I don't have to brush off my my car or any of that other stuff that makes commuting a major pain. Less Stress is always a good thing and I'm grateful :)

Here's hoping I get a chance to post again soon!
Love,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. awesomeness. Hope you get your computers up and running soon. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeee! Wedding!! So excited for you! What style of dress did you put the deposit on? I'd love to see!

    Also, it's SO AWESOME that you got a place so close to work. Especially with wintery lameness, like you mentioned. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete