Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom Away From Mom

Happy Mother's Day!!!

While we are honoring all of the wonderful Mothers and Mother figures in our lives, let us take a moment to honor the efforts of the women who are our *Moms away from Mom*. The nannies, the nurses, the daycare teachers, the school teachers, and other ladies who may not have given birth to us, but give us their love and nurturing every day of their lives. As a Nanny, a Teacher and a daycare Teacher, I can say from firsthand experience that the bonds I have shared with the children I have cared for are absolutely real. I love them as fiercely and deeply as any mother would. Being a Mom away from Mom is in equal parts exasperating and joyful, and it has made me a much better person and I would not trade it for anything. Give your Nurse/Nanny/ Teacher a hug today or tomorrow, trust me, she deserves it :)

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment