Hey There :)
So I was presented with this book-related question/challenge and was unable to resist. It's called *Ten minutes, Ten Books*. In other words, if you could only keep ten books out of your entire library and only had ten minutes to decide, which ten books would you choose? Sort of a *Desert Island List*, if you will. Those of you that know me personally know that my book collection is beyond massive. I love my books, and getting me to part with them is like getting me to part with my limbs. However, I do love a challenge :) So, here we go:
Notes: - You get a free pass on books you own but have not read yet (whew!)
- Anthologies/Collected Works are allowed.
- You may NOT look at your bookshelf, choose by memory recall ONLY.
10 minutes on the clock aaaaaand GO!!!
1. The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
2. Proof by David Auburn
3. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
5. The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
6. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
7. How to be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson
8. The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Allison Weir
9. Williams-Sonoma Tools and Techniques by the Williams-Sonoma Collective
10. An anthology of the complete Harry Potter series bound into one large volume (I don't know if a such a thing exists yet, but for the sake of the challenge, let's say it does :)
(Note: Right as ten minutes was up, I thought of three children's books that I would add. The Patchwork Quilt by Valerie Flournoy, The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams and The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Technically I thought of them after the ten minutes had expired, but only just, and they really are as important to me as the above selections, so you can either include them in the above, making this my "Baker's Dozen List" or consider them a subcategory or the start of another list :)
Wow, so this was both easy and difficult, some were no-brainers, others required thought, or, as much deep thought as you can squeeze into ten minutes. And now, my fellow book lovers, it's your turn, I'm very excited to see what you come up with :)